Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Catching up....

I've been really bad at posting to the blog lately. I'm getting bigger and bigger with Walker's little brother and I'm pretty wiped out at the end of the day. I thought I'd make a quick post - really for my benefit - as a record of what Walker's doing at this age. He's about 27 months at this point and it amazes me at some of the things he says and knows. Most of it is pretty funny and keeps us laughing!

- HIs latest thing is pointing and saying, "Who dat?" He does that to pictures, things, and people we don't know.
- Cuddlebug! When he's upset and needs to calm himself down, he yells, "Cuddlebug, cuddlebug!" in the middle of his fit. I can't resist it; I always stop and cuddle bug with him to settle him down.
- "Says" - when he says something off the wall or something new, I ask him who taught him that. Then, he says, "Daddy says (with the long A sound instead of the short A sound. I don't know why, but I think this is so cute!
- "Hey, Pretty Girl!" He loves to say this to Pepper. So cute and it melts my heart to hear!
- "Mommy's boobies feed the baby!" There is a lot of talk about baby brother around here. Now, he has a fascination with mommy's boobies and wants to talk about how they will feed the baby. I can only imagine how much worse the 'boobie talk' will get once the baby is here!
- Mens. Any men working on a construction site or doing work at the house are called 'the mens.' We had a new patio installed and Walker loved watching them work with his tools in his hand. Every morning, he'd yell, "Mommy, mens are here!"
- "Stop licking BooBoo!" - He tells Pepper this when she's licking a place that she shouldn't.

It also amazes me at how much he knows. He can name most of his colors - blue, red, green, yellow, pink, orange, white and sometimes gray. He can count to 11 and could count higher if I took more time to focus on numbers. We're focusing on the ABCs right now and we're doing a letter each week. He loves to color with markers and loves cutting with his scissors. He knows most of his books and can tell me the story as we turn the pages and I ask him about the pictures. One night last week, we didn't have storytime because he was misbehaving in the bathtub ( splashing too much) so I let him just flip through his books instead. He pulled out all of his books in this one particular basket and turned the pages and 'read' to himself. It was so sweet to hear him enjoy his books so much and amazed me at how much of the books he could recite. I guess he really does pay attention!

Walkeroo is my sweet, sweet boy and I love all the time that I get to spend to with him. He is such a joy to us!

Walkeroo and Pepper at storytime. Pepper always comes into the room and takes her place on the storytime blanket.


No comments: