Friday, November 18, 2011
Potty talk
It had been a big day in the Shull house! It was a day that I have been dreading for over two and a half years...potty training!
Our friend, Miss Sarah, dropped off Will's old potty Tuesday. I figured that since we were home with a cold, what better time to start potty training??? Walker loved peeing in the potty that afternoon. Then, yesterday, no interest at all. So, I thought it was time to bring out some incentive...underwear!
Walker wore his underwear for the first time today. We laid it all out in the den like it was Christmas morning. He was very excited! It helped that his underwear had Thomas the Train and the Cars characters.
He had gym class today, and I thought about keeping him home and close to the potty, but decided to take him in a pull-up. He asked to use the potty twice while we were there and didn't have any accidents. His only accident of the day was making a poopoo in his pants. I think he's not sure how to do that in the potty. He kept trying to stand up when using the potty, and I think that was his best effort at trying to go. It's so funny to think that kids don't know how to poop sitting down since they do it standing up for so long.
I kid you not; he asked for a magazine...Wonder where he got that idea ;)
Another reason I've been dreading this day...we took away his baba. I know, I know...I should have done that a loooong time ago. How many 2 1/2 year olds still take a baba three times a day??? I'm convinced that Walker is the only one. He threw a fit first ting this morning but hasn't since then. I hope he can still make up for those calories and calcium in his meals. He doesn't want to eat anything these days, and I'm afraid he's going to be skin and bones soon. That's why I've been so hesitant to take it away...I just hope he makes up for those lost calories by eating bigger meals. I am excited that I won't have to wash or warm all those bottles.
Webb also had a big day...he had his first bit of solid food! He wasn't too sure about his rice cereal. In fact, I'm not sure any of it even made it into his stomach. He pretty much pushed it out of his mouth with his tongue. But he sure was cute eating it!
Webb's Dr. appt. yesterday went well. He's in the 50th percentile for height and the 10th for weight. So, he still could use some more meat on his bones, but he's doing good. He got two shots in his leg and he howled all afternoon! I've never seen his scream like that! I forgot how tender his leg may be and put him in his jumperoo. Poor little thing! I felt terrible! His reflux issues seem to be pretty much gone. He still spits up quite a bit but doesn't scream afterwards. He's just the sweetest little thing and loves to smile when you look at him or talk to him. His favorite place to be in tucked under your chin while being toted around.
For comparison, here are pictures of Walker's first taste of solid foods. I really think they look alike in these pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment