Sunday, September 7, 2014

My Little Snaggle Tooth

It was a BIG night for our house...Walker lost his first tooth! It started getting loose earlier this week, but I thought I'd have a few more days of it wiggling back and forth before it came out. We went to eat bagels yesterday and I think biting into that bagel must have done the trick. Walker went to bed thinking of it since it was wigging back and forth quite a bit. After putting him to bed, I heard little footsteps (Walker's little footsteps have always sounded like elephant steps!) and thought he was just thinking about school. I met him on the steps and he told me that it fell out. He held out his little hand and held that sweet little tooth! I just about cried! I looked at the little tooth and remembered when it first popped out of his gums and wiping it off with his burp cloth after eating. It's so, so tiny and just precious! In true Walker fashion, he's in bed stressing over the Tooth Fairy coming to his house. So, we wrote her a note and will leave his tooth outside the door of the garage so she won't even have to come into the house. Sweet little thing even asked if he could sleep with me tonight. His smile looks so different and there's no trace of the baby face that I loved to look at. In other news, Webby had a great first day of school! No tears, no hesitation! He marched right in there and didn't even look back to give me a hug or kiss. I hope it continues. He looked so cute holding his new firetruck lunchbox. It's all going too fast...preschool's 3-year old class, kindergarten, and now a loose tooth! Mamma's not ready!

No comments: