Thursday, July 28, 2011

Webby's first playdate!

We've had a busy day today! This morning I took Walker to storytime - just the two of us! Yesterday Walker had a rough day...MeMommy came to pick him up for his music class and he told us that he didn't want to go. He told us that he wanted to stay home and do his lessons instead. I think that was code for his wanting to stay home and have Mommy's attention. So, I really wanted to spend today spending as much time with Walker as possible doing the things that we used to do before his little brother joined us. MeMommy came over as usual this morning and kept Webby while Walker and I went to the library for storytime. He still just wanted to sit on my lap the whole time but he did jump up to get his hand stamped at the end. So, I'll consider it a successful outing! Webby didn't have so much fun...MeMommy said that his tummy was upset the whole time and he spent most of the time fussing and crying. Poor little thing...his tummy give him such fits! I remember this time with Walker and can only take comfort in knowing that it will eventually pass.

This afternoon we - Mommy, Walker & Webby! - ventured out to the Moody twins' house for a playdate. Walker hadn't seen them in a few weeks and I knew he'd like to see them and Miss Sarah! If it was a total disaster, we were just minutes from home so I figured 'how bad can it be?' Plus, I knew that Sarah would be such a help and I was right! While we were there, Walker gathered every truck and construction equipment he could find and wanted to only play with those things. It's so funny how boys naturally gravitate to those things. Webby did fuss and I did need to fed him while we were there. But overall, he did pretty good.

Here is a picture of all the kids together at the end of our playdate...Walker, Webby, Barrett, and Will! Notice Walker's 'smile'...

No comments: