Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lots going on...

Well, now I remember why I didn't start this blog until after Walker's first birthday...the first year is busy! Webby keeps me on my toes and then throwing Walker in the mix makes for some busy days. We literally don't sit down until after 9:00 at night. So, here's what's happening... Webby is now crawling. He's ben scooting around on his tunny for quite a while but just recently figured out how to get his knees under him. The same day he figured that out, he also starting pulling up. He can hold onto my hands and get his little feet under him and get into the standing position. He's getting to be such a big boy! he wants nothing to do with his baby toys and only wants to play with whatever Walker has. Walker has been really sweet about sharing his toys, but when he's has enough, he says, "I'm going to get Webby a toy." Then, he brins Webby one of his baby toys and put it in front of Webby. Of course, Webby still crawls back over to Walker. Webby is also a grabby little thing! He wants to grab everything within reach...including big brother's hair! That doesn't go over too well. Webby has his two bottom teeth and I'm expecting his top teeth to come in any minute now. His naps are still short and sweet...just 30 minutes at a time. he's sleepng better at night but I'm still trying to get him to sleep until 6 instead of 5:00. Once we have that down, we'll try moving them into the same room. Right now, I'm Webby's roommate and Joseph is Walkeroo's roommate. He's discovered Pepper and loves crawling and pulling on her fur. She doesn't seem to mind...and he doesn't mind her licks on the face. Walker is still as sweet as ever. He says the funniest things! I just love hearing him practice his pronouns! Lots of "Let's go see they!" "Hims got his baby toys!" Potty training has been trying! He has a fear of pooping on the toilet so that's been an ongoing challenge. He has been known to hold 'it' -if you know what I mean- for days. Then, it's a big scene when he finally has some action. He makes it to the potty about half the time. He still cried everyday when I drop him off at school and it still breaks my heart. His teachers say that he has fun and is fine as soon as I leave. He loves to see his friends. He still loves golf. He also loves to ride his tricycle! We love to take an afternoon stroll around the block. It takes a while to get around but it's nice to see the neighbors and for Webby to get some fresh air. I'm still toting Webby in the Bjorn carrier but I think those days may soon be numbered since he's getting heavy! Walker is so sweet with Webby and always asks where he is. He also loves to give him cuddlebugs and um-bops. Here's what all the grandparents are waiting for...pictures!

No comments: