Friday, May 25, 2012

Where do I begin???

Where do I even begin with updating this blog? We have certainly had our hands full these past few months! Walker has hit a very challenging age. The tantrums, the crying, the running wild, and the refusal to sleep has thrown us all for a loop. He has moved from his crib to a big boy bed and that has been the biggest challenge and change yet. I was nervous about potty training, taking away his bottle, and even giving up the sleepy sack. Those were all no big deal compared to the big boy bed! We think that he's afraid of being in his room without the comfort of his crib. So, he went through a stage of getting out of bed and running through the house. No big deal, right? Just put him back to bed until he gets the point??? Wrong! This kid has an insane ablity to keep himself away and refuse to sleep. So, we've resorted to incentives to staying in bed. And, at night, I stay in his room while he lays down and closes his eyes. It seems to be going well. Once he gets the hang of it, and Webby stops getting up getting every morning at 5, we'll put them both in the same room. I tried that for about 3 days and it was a disaster! One or the other was always waking up and NO ONE was sleeping! It was rough to say the least. So, for now, Webby is still in his little portable crib in our room. Webby is crawling all over the place now. He's got such a sweet little personality! He only likes for Mommy to hold him and he'll crawl through the house following me around if I leave the room to take care of Walker. He loves to snuggle while I hold him just before bed. We are having some challenges with getting him to eat. I suspect a texture issue. For the longest tie, he only wanted to eat crunchy foods. Just this week, he branched out a little and will eat yogurt (LOVES it), applesauce in the pouch, corn, lima beans, toast, grilled cheese, and anything crunchy. He can also wave now and it is the cutest thing to see him shake his little pudgy hand in the air to wave. He also does a silly little thing where he sticks his tounge out when you ask where his tongue is. Walker celebrated his third b-day with a trip to the zoo - so much fun! - and a Thomas the Train party. He was a little overwhelmed at first with all the people at his house, but he warmed up right at the end and wanted to play and play. Luckily, Uncle Ryan stuck around to act silly with him. Just yesterday, Walker finished his first year of preschool! I won't say that he loved it, but it was good for him. His teachers were so sweet to him. Right now, he's at Miss Sarah's house playing with Barrett and Will. THey are all best buddies and play so well together. Will and Barrett come over here a lot to play so it was time for Walker to get comfortable leaving his little cacoon of our house and go there to play. He cried and cried when I told him he was going over there. He kept saying that he wanted to stay home with me. Five minutes after I left, Sarah sent me a pic of him playing happily. So, I guess it's a show for me! We also took our first beach trip of the year last weekend. G-Daddy and Linda treated us to a long weekend at Myrtle Beach. Walker LOVED it! We didn't go to the beach last year since I was very pregnant and then Webby was a new born, so he didn't remember it from our trip the year before. He wasn't too sure about the waves, but loved playing in the sand. He didn't want to leave to ever come inside. The weather cloudy and cold, so on one of the days, a trip to play putput was in order for Daddy, G-Daddy, and Walker. THey then went to hit golf balls. Walker was in heaven! Golf and cutting the grass are still his favorite things to do. We're definitely going to have to go back before the end of summer. I guess I'll need to spend a little time in the next few weeks planning Webby's first b-day party. I can't believe it! Yes, I can...it's been a long year! But both boys are sooo sweet! I couldn't possibly love them any more than I already do. They melt my heart!

No comments: