There's been a lot of potty talk around our house these days! I think just after Walker's birthday later this month, it will be a good time to try potty training. I'm not really looking forward to it. To be honest, there's a lot of convenience with diapers. I HATE public restrooms and the thought of taking a little boy into a McDonald's bathroom to sit on the potty really grosses me out. I can't even stand to use the McDonald's bathroom myself, so I can't imagine having him sit on the potty while he's trying to grab and touch everything in there. Yuck! So anyway, lately Walker has had a lot of curiosity about the potty at our house and wants to sit on it and pull the handle to flush. Before his bath, when he's in his little birthday suit, I'll sit him up there and talk about how big boys use the big boy's potty. So far, not much has happened. Tonight, we did the same thing with the same result. As soon as I put him in the tub, he immediately started to go peepee. I scooped him up and sat him on the potty. Then, he started to make peepee in the potty! He was so proud of himself and I made a huge deal of it by clapping and calling him a big boy. I know it wasn't intentional, but today was the first time Walker peepeed on the potty! No pictures, though. He would have fallen into the potty if I'd left him to go get the camera. So, this picture of him carrying around his soccer and football will have to do. It was taken with my camera phone, so it's not the best quality, but I'm sure Papa and Damama would not like a blog post with no picture!

And here he is STILL carrying around his soccer and football...
No comments:
Post a Comment