Wednesday, April 14, 2010


I haven't yet had a chance to get a new card for my camera. So, I'm a little light on pictures these days. We've had a busy week! On Friday, we went over to Laura and Brick's house for BBQ. Their little boy, Bryant, was there. Bryant is about 7 or 8 months older than Walker and it's so funny to look at him and think that Walker will be doing those things in just a few months. Walker just loved watching him swing his plastic golf club and play. He's always so mesmerized by older kids. It's so funny! Walker did great while we were visiting. That may have something to do with me feeding him yogurt melts to keep him settled down. On Saturday, we had a birthday party for his friend, Chase Howell. Chase and Walker are good friends and it was so much fun to see them both turn a year. Walker gobbled the birthday cake and ate his weight in goldfish crackers. On Sunday, we went to his cousin Sally's birthday party. She was so cute toddling around! Walker was partied out by the end of the weekend!

A few times at Chase's party and a few other times, we'd look down and realize that he was standing on his own while he reached into his cup of goldfish. It's just a matter of time before he's walking - although it feels like I've been saying that for months! But, we seem to be getting really close. He also loves to push around his Tonka truck that Uncle Ryan gave him for Christmas. He hasn't shown too much interest in pushing it around - he'd much prefer to ride it - until this week. I turned around and the next thing I new, he was up and pushing it without my help or prompting. He loves to go from the kitchen, through the den, down the hall, and through our bedroom. Then, I turned his truck around and we do it again. And again. And again.

Walker's obsession with hats continues and deepens. The first thing that sweet little voice says in the morning is "Hhhhaaaa" which is "hat." He opens his mouth really wide and it almost sounds like a hiss. He must have his hat first thing or else he frantically looks around for one of the many hats we now have sitting around the house. I just put him down for his afternoon nap and he screamed - and I mean SCREAMED. I thought he had hurt himself, so I dropped what I was doing and ran in there. He had spotted one of his hats on the floor and wanted it. I eventually put him to bed with a hat in his crib. It's so silly! I just don't get it...

No comments: